Tuesday, June 25, 2013

To Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of craftiness...DIY ideas for 4th of July!


So the 4th is just over a week out and I'm trying to come up with a plan.
So far we are not sure if we are doing a big gathering or just a small family get together. 
Either way, I have big ideas that I want to make happen!

Step 1. Pinterest like crazy! 
(From adding pins over the years I now have over 180 4th of July ideas pinned!)

Step 2. See how many of those pins I can do with items I already have on hand.

Step 3. How many DIY's can I do within my budget of $25?

Step 4, 5, & 6. Make my shopping list, buy needed items, and get all DIY projects completed by July 1st. (Days right before the 4th are reserved for food prep :-) )

Some of the ideas I'm looking at tackling...


Clothespin flag wreath pinterest
(I have clothespins and paint on hand. I bought a round wooden board at Walmart for under $1(craft section) to pin them

Red, white, and blue tissue paper flowers - pinterest


reusable fabric wreath...still planning this one out.

I love this idea! Your drinking glass, napkin and silverware all in one!
Pinterest

Patriotic table runner - pinterest



When I'm working projects for holidays I like to pick a few things that make it specific to that occasion and then use items that I can re-use for other occasions.

Be sure to check back throughout the week to see what I come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Susannah

No comments:

Post a Comment