Saturday, June 22, 2013

Latest Sewing Project. A Simple Baby Quilt.

Can't believe Saturday has come and gone already. 
I've been going a little crazy all week trying to do everything and feeling like I've done nothing.  Thankfully my husband reminded me that I've been trying to juggle a lot at once and that none of the projects I've been working on are ones that I could complete in a day (or week for that matter) even if I spent all my time just on one thing. SO thankful for him!

Today I took a little step back from my chores and the big projects I've been working on and decided to focus on doing something relaxing and fun.  

I love when communities look out for families in time of need. 
Anthony and I were so grateful to all the families who provided meals for us after Alicia was born!  Their sweetness inspired me to contribute in the same way. And since I LOVE crafts and sewing, I can't help but do a little something special for the little ones we are welcoming into the world.


So, today I volunteered to make a meal for a family of 8 that just welcomed another baby into their family and I came up with this project to give to the sweet little one.
(Yes, this is how I relax! And sorry about the dirty hair and no make-up. I had just gotten back from exercising when I decided to do this project and I knew I would be cutting it close!)



I was able to complete it on time! Woohoo!
So (with some breaks for nursing, changing diapers,..keeping baby happy ;-) ) I was able to complete the blanket in just over 3 hours.




We had some newborn diapers that I added to the pile.




The finished product! (And I'm a little more put together too :-) ) I only had time for one take before I packed everything up and headed out the door with it, so here it is; rough spots and all :P





I'm going to be adding these super-spitup duty burpcloths to my etsy shop soon.  They are my absolute favorite!! Soft, cute, and work way better than any others I have tried.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Have a blessed Sunday everyone!


P.S. If you like viewing others sewing projects you should check out Sew and Tell by The Freckled Fox. If you like sewing yourself you should join in the Sew and Tell!
 I'm loving her blog! And you should check out her etsy site; her quilts are So Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment