Thursday, May 2, 2013

Alicia's Baptismal Gown

Alicia's Baptism was such a special day.  My parents flew in from GA along with my brother and his wife (the godparents) and their youngest, Sarah (my god-daughter),  and my dad's mom flew in from LA.





  I have this terrible habit of having to do finishing touches on projects the night before I NEED whatever I am working on.  This was again one of those times, but I'm blaming this time on just having a baby 2 weeks before and also having to clean and prepare for company ;-)  


My mom came out earlier than everyone and we had a really fun week together.  She actually did some of the final touches on the gown. Something I wanted her to do so that it would be from both of us;  A real keepsake handmade by her momma and grandma :-)




  These pictures show where I got my ideas



And this is my finished product :-) I'm very happy with how it turned out!







The lace bonnet I whipped together the night before ;-)  it only took about 30 minutes and was the last perfect touch.



*Bonnet available on my etsy site! The Crafty Mom Boutique


I'm happy to do custom orders!


This post has been added to
Sew and Tell Link-up
By the Freckled Fox

Also, you can follow me on twitter and instagram @ohsusannahjoy


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6079075/?claim=cw3rkbrqft4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a precious dress and even more precious baby! You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it turned out beautiful ! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so extremely talented! It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! I'm so excited for her to have this keepsake! :D

    ReplyDelete