Saturday, October 29, 2011

Italian Cream Cake (FAVORITE Vanilla cake!!!)


Italian Cream Cake (My Version)

I made this cake for a 40th Wedding Anniversary and it was a huge hit! I love trying out new recipes and I have been on the hunt for a really good vanilla cake for a long time; with the results from this one,...I think I have finally found one I LOVE!!!


I wasn't able to get a photo of the cake sliced, but, I have made both cakes and cupcakes with this recipe and each time it has come out a pretty light (not quite white, but very light) color. The consistency is also light and fluffy.....All the things I was looking for in the perfect vanilla cake recipe!! Definitely one to add to your recipe book! Enjoy!







Ingredients:
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. butter (3 sticks)
5 eggs (separate)
2 c. flour
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. Vanilla



Pre-heat oven to 350

Cream together the sugar and butter. Add egg yolks one at a time. Add sifted flour alternately with the buttermilk. Add soda & vanilla.

In separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites until peaks form. Pour into cake batter and stir in by hand until mixed well.

Cake baking time: 25 minutes
Cupcake time: 22 minutes

(Until the tops are a nice golden or knife comes out clean)

No comments:

Post a Comment