Thursday, August 15, 2013

Organizing & Cleaning Inspiration! - My Pinterest To-Do list ;-)

I love being organized. But I am one of those people that has things for almost every kind of craft or project, so being organized can be a challenge.  I have been completely organized though! I truly have! And I love looking back on those days...Everything in its place, everything pretty and organized.  I have had a hard time getting organized since I got married.  All of a sudden their is twice the amount of stuff and then baby comes along and you have all things baby to organize as well.
Well, I am still determined to get organized, and I thought I would share some things that are helping to inspire and motivate me to get it done! I've picked 4 areas that I really want to master in our apartment before I move onto other things...
#1
My Thinking Spot

I've been wanting to get my sewing/crafting/scheduling/planning(etc ;-) ) space organized.  I am loving everything dry erase friendly for my planning needs right now.  I used photo frames in my kitchen (dry erase markers work awesome on them) and printed out a blank month sheet and a blank sheet with 'Shopping List' on it and framed them (You can find the tutorial here ).  I am loving them! I use them every single day!
 
 #2
 Utilize My Small Spaces
In any home the art of using your space wisely is something to master, but I think this is especially true if you live in an apartment. I am so thankful that we have quite a few closets in our place, unfortunately, they seem to fill up way to quickly! 

Something I've noticed in almost all homes and apartments is that the space under counters and sinks is always huge and has FEW-to-NO shelves for storage.  This leads to lots of unused, wasted space, but it doesn't have to be if you know how to get creative with it! Little stand up shelves, stacked baskets, or tension rods like in the picture above free up space and help keep things organized and accessible. I am hoping to give some ideas like this a try in each bathroom and in the kitchen. Might post a picture with the finished product ;-)

 #3
Clean & Tidy Fridge
 The fridge...that small area of your home that you wish would just stay clean, because honestly, who enjoys cleaning the fridge?  I've been wanting to figure out a few ways to make it harder for the fridge to become dirty, and while I've been using a container idea like this for a while, I am planning on using more, almost like drawers, to save space and keep my fridge a little cleaner.

 #4
 Consistency With My Cleaning
 I have been terrible about doing a little cleaning here and there to cut down on the amount that needs done at once. I end up needing a big cleaning day.  

I love this cleaning schedule by tipsandpix.  It is so much more manageable to know what you are doing and on what day so that you don't become overwhelmed with everything all at once.  I will let you know how it goes!

More organizing ideas can be found on my pinterest board, Get Organized!! Make sure to check out some of my other boards for cleaning (Look at board, Handy Home Help) and other fun DIY ideas!


#Babylove
Baby date :D She couldn't take her eyes off of him. haha :D

Weekend is only one day away! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment