Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Best Tabula Recipe EVER

My mom is an awesome cook.  I have been blessed to have had her patience and skill in the kitchen guiding me growing up. Sometimes that patience and care can make an OK dish a "Wow, that's amazing" kind of dish.  I think that Tabula is one of those dishes!

 My mom has lots of amazing recipes, and as time passes, and I get more of the hang of married life and motherhood, I find I call her more and more about how she does this or that or what her secret was to making such-and-such recipe soooo yummy. 
 Well, for the 4th, I have decided to share some of my mother's skill along with one of our favorite family recipes, TABULA! It is seriously amazing! Even our extended family ask if we can make it when they visit!

We are not one of those families that likes to keep our favorite recipes a secret...we LOVE sharing them with everyone!

Tabula Salad

What you will need:


1 1/2 c. Bulgar Wheat
1 Bunch Green Onions
2 Cucumbers
3 Tomatoes
1 Bunch Parsley (Chopped FINELY!)
1/2 c. Oil
1/2 c. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Salt

Mix all and let set for at least 2 hours, or overnight (I recommend overnight)

The secret to a really great Tabula? Chop EVERYTHING as FINE as you possibly can! It is time consuming, but will make a world of difference! A few more tips and tricks below :-)


These are pics I took earlier this afternoon :D 
We are having this Tabula tomorrow!

Slice and dice that cucumber!




Onion


and those challenging tomatoes...


Now here is where that patience is really going to pay off. And one of the most important things that makes this Tabula so great. Pinch off the Parsley before you chop! You don't want the stems...they only make the Tabula seem stringy.


After you have pinched the whole bunch, grab and squeeze them together and chop them as fine as you can.



Combine Everything, and you are done! I flatten it out the top to help it absorb better, then just pop it into thee fridge. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or if you are able to then make it the day before you want to serve it so that all the flavors really come together.




And that's it! Well, it might not seem like much, but give yourself the afternoon to get all the chopping done ;-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment